Reviews written by BrooklynVegan
Registered on Feb 14 04
This is probably one of the least known, yet BEST vegan/vegetarian restaurants in the city. Try:
1) Vegetable Wonton Shanghai Style
2) Vegetable Chow Fun
3) Vegetarian General Tso's Chicken
4) Vegetarian Orange Flavor Chicken
5) Spicy Sesame Chicken (vegetarian)
This place gets my highest recommendation.
I agree with the other reviewer. This place is a great addition to the neighborhood, and they deliver anywhere in Park Slope (I live over a mile away).
1) They are not just Chinese food! Some of my favorite non-Chinese menu items:
a) Tater Tots
b) Vegetarian Turkey
c) Vegetarian Chicken Sandwich
d) Banana Split
e) fresh Juice and smoothies
2) Everything is vegan except for the Lo Mein (egg noodles). They are fully aware of the meaning of "vegan."
3) Stay away from the rolls. (spring roll, curry roll, satay roll, and hoisin roll). They were actually the first thing I ever tried there, and they're pretty bad. If they weren't one of the only vegan places around, I might of not went back... I'm happy I did. :-)
Overall, great. go now!
This is also the place responsible for the "Sacred Chow" cookies you see in natural food stores.