First time visit to Golden West Cafe:
- Even though the place was crowded and there were others waiting to be seated, my boyfriend and I were seated immediately.
- Appetizer -> White beans in a spicy garlic balsamic glaze served with toast. This was a very sizable appetizer and the flavor was intense; even my normally bean-disliking boyfriend ate his share (fyi, he's an omnivore).
- Entree -> Vegan Pumpkin Curry Soup. This tasted like the delicious curry sauce one would get at a good Thai restaurant; I almost wanted to have some tofu chunks it it to go along with the flavor. I also tried some of teriyaki-fried brussell sprouts that came with my boyfriend's meal, and they were delicious as well.
- Dessert -> Vegan blueberry cake with lemon frosting. . It tasted like a slightly sweeter blueberry muffin -- which was good because it wasn't too sweet, and they weren't to heavy on the frosting either. Overall, a satisfying and dense piece of homemade cake.
- Overall, the service was spectacular; I don't think I've ever had a meal that quickly in a restaurant before, plus the drink refills were constant and intuitive. The longest we had to wait for anything was 10 minutes for the check. Everything tasted amazing and had a very intense, if a bit salty.