Best place to go to in New Haven if you are vegan and have a sweet tooth! And if you are European, or like more European sweets, you'll be especially pleased! The selection of vegan sweets in their bakery section was truly impressive. All the following are vegan!!
- Bars: apricot, brownies, blondies, coconut carob, lemon raspberry bars, cranberry pecan bars, date nut bars, lemon blueberry bars, pecan pie bars, berry tofu, carob tofu, and pumpkin tofu
- Cookies: mocha walnut, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, tahini chocolate chip, maple chocolate chip, raspberry chocolate
- Pies: apple, cranberry pear, pecan, pumpkin
- Cakes: apple cinnamon, chocolate, carrot, maple raspberry, strawberry coconut
- Strudel (fruit-filled)
- vegan cheese danish!! (Wow, this was awesome!)
I tried a number of their sweets and they were very good!
I also tried the food in the deli area where you pay by the pound and it was mostly good, but certainly not impressive. It was certainly nice to see that most of the options were vegan, but I would probably prefer to buy something from the grocery store and cook it.
The grocery store seems really cool. Most of the food (except for pet food?) is vegetarian and it seems to have most of the food I would want! The only thing lacking is a great selection and quantity of vegan fruit, but otherwise it's great! They have pretty much everything you'd hope for.