On August 5, 2006, my in-laws came into town for the weekend. We were excited to take them to the Mexican restaurant we discovered in our new neighborhood called Salsa Restaurant. We have three little ones ages 2 1/2, 1 1/2, and 4 months, so - need I say it? - we often get take-out, additionally my husband has held several business lunches there. But on Saturday, we dined in. My mother-in-law and I each ordered a sangria, and the men ordered beers.
When the drinks arrived, the waitress began lifting drinks off her tray in such a way that the tray became unbalanced and fell, causing the contents to topple all down my side. My shirt and shorts were a purple, sticky mess. These things happen and we were polite and smiled and sopped up the mess with several towels they brought out; we even assisted in fishing out the ice cubes from under the table.
The bill arrived and we were completely shocked. As I sat there stained from head to knee (My undergarments even got purple-ized.), I looked in disbelief at the two sangrias on our bill. (As my husband snidely commented, at least they didn't charge us for the drink I wore.) My mother-in-law spoke with the manager, who was completely rude and brushed her off. "It was an accident," he said, and insisted that there would be no discount. The children were restless and we needed to be on our way, so arguing over a $55 bill was not a priority. They gave me a bar towel to sit on to protect the car seat from my wet and purple behind, and then we drove back home so I could run in, quickly shower, and get some non-Sangria-drenched attire on before we went on our way.
I urge everyone to consider how this business treats its clientele, and I hope you won't support an establishment that doesn't value its customers. They have certainly lost a whole lot more than $55 from this family's future business, that's for sure.