The Official Pasty Capital of Arizona!
A pasty (pronounced "pass-tee") is a large pastry turnover (which has its roots in Cornwall, England, dating back to the 1200's), has delectable fillings inside. And fortunately, for us, The Cornish Pasty Co. had the foresight to have an entire section of its menu devoted to vegetarian selections. (Though for vegans, you must call ahead one hour prior to pick up or eat in, so they can specially prepare your vegan order with ingredients of your choosing.)
Traditional Pasties are filled with a concentrated protein ingredient (tofu for vegans), potatoes, onions, and rutabaga. And the menu here reflects just that:
1) Veggie Pesto Chicken (Tofu Chicken, Artichoke, Mushroom, Mozzarella. Served with Marinara $6.00)
2) The Greek (Spinach, Fresh Mozzarella, Feta, Sun-dried Tomato, Kalamata Olive, Artichoke, Garlic. Served with Tahini or Tzatziki $5.50)
3) Veggie Tikka Masala (Potato, Veggie Chicken (Quorn), Tikka Masala Sauce $6.00)
4) Veggie Meatball (Mini Veggie Meatballs, Mozzarella. Served with Marinara $5.00)
5) Cheese And Onion (Onion, Cheddar, Potato, Rutabaga. Served with Marinara $4.50)
6) Veggie Oggie (Portobello Mushroom, Artichoke, Potato. Served with Marinara $5.50)
There's also a garden salad with tofu "chicken" and a Greek salad, also with tofu "chicken."
Other Phoenix metro locations:
Scottsdale: 3800 N Goldwater Blvd (at E. Main St) 480-945-1220
Tempe: 960 W University Dr (at Hardy, SE corner facing Hardy)
Added by Emme on Jun 30 10 (last updated Apr 5 16)
$ - inexpensive