Phoenix, Arizona 55016
Northern India food with a lunchtime buffet
If you're looking for a fantastic lunchtime buffet with lots of vegetarian selections, then Flavors of India might just be the place for you.
Though this restaurant is also open for dinner, its lunchtime buffet selections offer a fine array of vegetarian Indian treats, as well as all-you-can-eat salad (all for the reasonable price of $10, including tax/tip). Eggplant, peas, rice, potatoes are cooked to perfection here, and the spices have been toned down.
>Samosas (Four small crispy patties stuffed with seasoned potatoes & garden fresh peas)
>Aloo-Tikki (Indian style potato cutlets stuffed with Indian style cheese)
>Vegetable Pakoras (Six mixed vegetable fritters)
1. DAAL MAKHANI (Black Lentils cooked with onions, tomatoes, cheese and spices) $8.95
2. YELLOW DAL (Yellow lentils, garlic, tomatoes & onions) $8.95
3. SHAHI PANEER (Fresh homemade cheese cubes, marinated in a creamy sauce & cooked with fresh herbs, almonds, walnuts and raisins) $10.95
4. PALAK PANEER (Spinach & Indian style cheese, cooked with assorted spices) $8.95
5. MUTTER PANEER (Fresh green peas cooked with lightly fried cheese) $8.95
6. CHILLY PANEER (Indian style cheese cooked with tomatoes, onions & bell pepper) $8.95
7. ALOO MUTTER (Fresh peas and potatoes cooked with onions & tomatoes) $7.95
8. CHANA MASALA (Chickpeas cooked with fresh onions, tomatoes). $7.95
9. ALOO GOBI MASALA (Cauliflower & potatoes cooked with a choice of Indian spices) $7.95
10. BHINDI MASALA (Okra sautéed with golden brown onions and tomatoes) $9.95
11. BAIGAN BHARTA (Eggplant roasted on the fire, cooked with onions & green peas) $7.95
12. KADI PAKORA (Onions & tomatoes cooked in yogurt & gramflour, served with vegetable pakora) $7.95
13. NAVRATAN KORMA (Vegetables cooked with a special creamy sauce) $8.95
14. ALOO, CHOLE & PANEER (Potatoes, chickpeas and Indian style cheese, cooked in onions & tomatoes) $8.95
15. MALAI KOFTA (Cheese stuffed in vegetable balls & simmered in a creamy sauce) $8.95
16. VEGETABLE JALFREZI (Assorted vegetables in spices) $8.95
17. KADAI PANEER (Indian style cheese made with onions, tomatoes & spices) $.8.95
18. CHOLE BHATURE (Indian deep fried puffy bread served with chickpeas that are cooked in fresh onions, tomatoes).
1. SHAHI KHEER (Basmati rice pudding sprinkled with almonds & pistachios) $2.50
2. GAJAR HALWA (Carrot pudding) $2.50
3. GULAB JAMUN (Deep fried fine wheat flour balls in sugar syrup, served hot) $1.95
4. RASMALAI (Cottage cheese with condensed milk, flavored with rose water) $2.75
5. SHAHI KULFI (Indian homemade ice cream, flavored with almonds & pistachios) $2.50
6. MANGO KULFI (Indian homemade ice cream with mango pulp) $2.95
For dinner, you'll find appetizers such as Samosa vegetable patties, vegetable Pakoras, and a vegetable soup. Vegetarian entrees include numerous dishes made from lentils, green peas, cauliflower, chickpeas, okra, and eggplant. It's all good at Flavors of India!
Centrally-located on 16th St, just south of Camelback (at Campbell) in the Biltmore area of Phoenix. Open 7 days a week.
Added by Steve Carlson on Sep 22 04 (last updated Oct 1 11)
Most Recent Reviews
Located on the northeast corner of Campbell Rd and 16th St. (Between Camelback and Indian School Rd.)
$$ - average
- Indian (Northern)
- Large Group-Friendly